Friday, February 22, 2013

Back soon!

Look what I bought at New Town Plaza today! Very excited...



So, I didn't intend to buy a computer today, but I'm glad I did. Today I planned to meet my friend Aimee (we did Japanese together at the beginning of the semester before I got politely kicked-out) for lunch. So we went to Sha Tin and had takoyaki and omraisu, and talked about how she wants to transfer out of Bachelor of Business Administration (pretty much the most popular degree at CUHK) into.... Bachelor of Lingustics!

Anyway, after we had a good chat, we went window shopping and I came across this little Vaio in Fortress (kinda like the Hong Kong version of Harvey Norman or Dick Smith) for $3,980 (just under $500AUD). Although it just has a 1.75GHz AMD processor and a smaller-size keyboard, I was pretty sold on the other features: the 1-Year International warranty, 500GB HDD, the fact it is pink, the fact it is Sony and therefore durable/reliable, and the fact that the main reason for buying a laptop is for me to write essays and watch drama - nothing more. By going with a local, Aimee also helped me to get two document holders (why they are 'The Little Prince' themed I don't know), a laptop sleeve, an 8GB USB, and a set of speakers - just casually THROWN IN FOR FREE! So I'm glad I didn't end up shelling out over $1000AUD for a replacement MacBook, and after my little Vaio is up and running, I'll get back to posting regularly.


No comments:

Post a Comment